Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z is for ze grand finale

Chuckle chuckle chuckle.  Aren't I the funny one?

Yes, we've reached the end of April and the end of the alphabet, folks, and I for one plan to take a blogging break for at least a few days.  Good times have been had, new blogs have been found, and new friends have been made.

But I am going to take a break.  I had grand plans of writing an awesome final A-Z challenge post, but hey.  Goals are made to be broken.

Right now I'm off to meet some friends for lunch, and then I plan to catch up on The Killing and read David Brooks' The Social Animal.  At times like these, I wish I'd joined the FBI or become a psychologist--but none of that is shocking.  I have an active imagination and am easily persuaded by pop culture.

And speaking of active imaginations, I have a question for you all.  Hypothetically, a classmate of mine just won a $10 million (you read that right--million) verdict for is clients, and his contingency fee is 30%.

Leaving aside the possibility of losing it on appeal, what would you do if you had been out of law school for a grand total of two years and suddenly you found yourself with $3 million?

I'd retire tomorrow.  

11 comments:

  1. Pay off the student loans.
    Seems lame, but I'm still paying mine from undergrad and we'll be paying for my husband's law school until we die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. Retire.

    If that had been true - then wow! Nice job on the A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After paying off the student loans?

    Congratulations to a fellow challenge survivor! It's been a great month and I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retire!

    I've enjoyed your A-Z posts - congrats on crossing the finish line. I too will be relaxing my blogging output, but plan to keep in touch with the folks I've found through the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats for finishing! Wish I had the time lately to pass by more often but I promise I'll make up for it! PS- enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ru, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that the end of the alphabet is a little upsetting. I greatly looked forward to my daily dose of Ru to get me through the work week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've thought about doing the A to Z challenge just to force me to actually post stuff. But...it really goes against my natural laziness to do so.

    As for the $3 million? I would retire immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Killing! My new addiction. I hope that dad kills that teacher next week. But something is nagging me, like the teacher didn't do it? I can't figure it out. I read about your blog via Patty's shout-out. You are a fantastic writer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karlenn - thanks! I am so stressed out about the teacher situation. I think he didn't do it, but he definitely knows more than he's letting on, and why would a teacher be hush-hush during the murder investigation of his favorite student? I don't think you forget that a murdered girl showed up at your house the night she went missing, even if she was only there for a few minutes.

    I could probably write a whole blog post about how much I love The Killing, despite the fact that I have major beefs with it. (So Kris and Jasper clearly did something, right? Kris was ready to blab until he saw the video of Sterling-dressed-as-Rosie. Why aren't they still being investigated?) (Really Sterling? All that blood was from your nosebleed?) (The pregnant wife was maybe in on it? If so, she's the calmest murder suspect in the history of the universe.)

    (I get a little OCD about my TV, in case you couldn't tell.)

    ReplyDelete