Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Here's a random update

Querying Unnamed Project*?  Officially over.  Not sure when I made that decision - sometime between my zillionth rejection, realizing the agent who told me to touch base with her about a partial request after a few weeks probably didn't mean it so much, and yesterday, when I figured out something about New Book that's been bugging me for awhile now. 

Don't worry, Unnamed Project, I still love you.  And perhaps one day we will dust you off and re-tool your query letter, but for now, I think you need the break too.

And in a way, it's good news.  New Book is on!  (And in case you didn't know, I don't use !s lightly.)


* Sure, it has a name in my noggin and on my query letter.  I'm just an odd duck who likes to share stories about her shirt buttons coming undone but not the details of my secret shameful writing obsessions.

3 comments:

  1. This is happy. Have fun with new book. Querying does get old after the zillionth rejection. Better luck next round of query letters! I'm planning on jumping back into the query fray in October, but I already get a mild headache thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - and good luck with your querying in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figuring out when to shelve a book is hard. I had to shove my first two novels under my (virtual) mattress once they'd run through my list of potential agents with no success. Good luck on the new book!

    ReplyDelete