Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

That's how I like to start my day

By reading an email from another literary agent rejecting poor little Lawyer Girl, sleep-rationalizing that this disappointment deserved an extra thirty minutes of sleep, and then scarfing down a breakfast of packaged Hostess mini blueberry muffins that could probably survive nuclear holocaust.

On the plus side, I now know what to put in my food storage someday.

Of course, they will only be helpful in a non-zombie apocalypse, since with all these trans fats in my belly right now, I couldn't run a mile if my life depended on it.

2 comments:

  1. Rule #1-Cardio.
    The fatties were the first to go.

    Also, rejection letters always suck to get, but you have get rejected a few times. Have you read Steven King's "On Writing"? He has a pretty excellent section on getting rejection letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Cardio - hilarious! Sorry about the rejection letter, clearly that guy wouldn't know talent if it hit him square in the face! It will get better...one of my favorite sayings is:

    Fall seven times, stand up eight
    ~Chinese Proverb

    Hopefully you find it as motivating as I do! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete