Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

My friends and family: Cute as hell

I will never be her Sex and the City friend. 

- Karen, lawyer friend
emailing with me about a colleague who is objectively annoying 
and who addresses people as, "Hey lady!"
 

Glummy to me is like the doldrums from Phantom Tolbooth.  Sticky, and a nondescript color, going nowhere.  Pretty sure I made it up.  Anyway, I hope the glummies are getting less and less.

- Sandy, commiserating about bad news


Daggett County is the hub of multi-million dollar companies from what I hear -- it's the new Delaware.

- Sally, law school friend, mocking another lawyer's website,
which basically listed every county and major city in Utah



I knew I felt a little light coming upstairs.  Where are my pants?
- Pops  

You remember Alpha, don't you?  And he brought a lesbian with him.

- Auntie, introducing my brothers at a Christmas party
because Charlie is growing his hair out in an effort to look like Val Kilmer in Heat.
Right now, it's about a John Denver.




Merry Christmas, one and all.

1 comment:

  1. "Right now, it's about a John Denver" deserves it's own quotable quote. Funny.


    Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete