Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Some days are very special days

So, one of my bigger regrets in life is that I have not made this blog anonymous enough.  I mean, yeah, I post under a nickname a grand total of TWO people have ever used to address me in real life.  And I claim I live with Austin when I clearly don't.  (I know, some of you are shocked, right?)

But figuring out who I am and where I work is probably pretty damn easy for a dedicated little stalker.  I didn't grasp the "anonymity" thing for at least a few months of blogging.  I've made the mistake of linking this to my facebook profile a time or two.  And yeah, I've mentioned the law school I graduated from about a gazillion times.

All this adds up to the fact that when I have weeks like the last three, I can't regale you all with my work stories.  And seriously, there is nothing I would love more than to tell InternetLand about right now than ________________________ (censored to ensure my sound financial future).

However, I give you my solemn oath that when I quit/am fired, I will bust out all the big guns.  (Read: Saved Drafts.)  And you will love it.  No exaggeration.  

Until then, I would prefer to keep this job that causes me so much grief and consternation, so my lips are zipped.




And now a brief tangent.

If it is my job to make sure that my home teachers* meet me, contact me, and come see me, is it now my clients' jobs to make sure that I pursue their legal representation?





And another tangent.

To all of you who have been putting up with my bitchy self over these last few weeks, God bless and keep you.  From the kindly amusing (claims from Pedro to have found a fortune cookie fortune reading, "Your friend Ru will soon be happy again") to the gut-bustingly hilarious (one extremely versatile word: gooberdouche) and everything in between, your encouragement and friendship has meant the world to me, both in real life and internet forms.  So who says that technology is de-humanizing?  Hugs and kisses and polaroid pictures all around!



(And I officially promise to never be such a cheesy blogger again.)





* In the Mormon church, congregants are assigned to visit each other once a month to foster brotherly love and ensure that everyone is getting their recommended dose of Christian charity.  Home teachers are the guys who come and visit you, visiting teachers are the ladies who come to visit you.  When you're a grown up Mo-Mo with a spouse and kids and all that jazz, this means going to lunch or having a BBQ where the funness level will range from "Not at all" and "Holy cow, I love this person."  

When you're a single LDS gal or guy, this means a lot of awkward encounters and blocked cell phone numbers.  

3 comments:

  1. "And I officially promise to never be such a cheesy blogger again"
    Sure Ru, you say that now, but what happens when you have to throw another dinner party? hmmmm? You'll come running back to us and being that blogger that has to ask for ideas. heehee I keed, I keed.
    And I have to agree - gooberdouche has got to be one of the best words in interweb land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I want from my home teachers is someone willing to take me to the airport when I need a ride, that's all. I make this point clear at every given opportunity and yet I still get someone telling me how I need more dried beans in my food storage twice a month

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Colt.

    Ru, I love you. You keep it real.

    I am totally having a hard time at work, too, and can't just blab about it. I also can't really blab about family (read: in-law) issues, because they're all reading my blog. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete