Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I know I should know better, but ...

I love Halloween.   In the big lead up to the old 3-1, I tend to have a few scary movie marathons.

This year, however, these movie marathons are taking place mostly by myself, in my apartment.

I called Diego today in an effort to get out of my previously-mentioned funk.  "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Watching The Ring," I replied, my eyes glued to the screen as Naomi Watts confronts the suicidal horsebreeder who is about to electrocute himself in a bathtub.  (Sorry ... uh, spoiler alert?  At what point do you have to warn people about upcoming plot points in a movie that's nearly 10 years old?)

"Uh ... are you sure that's a good idea?" Diego said hesitantly.

"Why?"

"I don't know.  Watching scary movies alone in an apartment?  When you're depressed?"

I shrugged.  "Well, it's just The Ring.  Not Sophie's Choice."

"Are you going to go see Paranormal Activity 2 this week?"

"Heck yes."

"Remember how you had to sneak into your thirteen-year-old brother's room after watching the first one?  Who is going to convince you there isn't a demon ghostie in your apartment when you live alone?"

Another shrug.  "I don't know, I live across the street from a Catholic church.  I could just run over there where it's safe."

"I think maybe you should go rent Hocus Pocus."



To do this week:*

1. Give blood

2. Volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity build site

3. Work on my pro bono cases




* There's this theory that when you feel crappy about yourself, you can get over it by helping others.  I am not sure that is true.  I cleaned the Ronald McDonald House last weekend, and I can tell you, I was still depressed, and stinky.

I'll let you know how it goes this week.

1 comment:

  1. I haaaaateeeee scary movies, but I totally want to watch scary movies right now.

    ReplyDelete