Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

You may leave the runway

(I wrote this post while I was waiting to find out if I failed or passed the Utah Bar.  I considered posting it before I found out the results, but it felt too much like tempting fate.  Also, I would never post on this blog ever again if I reminded you all that I had taken the bar, and then had to to admit I failed.)

Waiting to find out if you passed the bar is like being on Project Runway.  The other contestants (ie, everyone else in your life) have already found out that their scores have qualified them to move on to the next round.  Now you have to stand there, awkwardly, wondering if you're the genius who created a couture ballgown out of ten billion paperclips or the mouth breather who forced her model to go down the runway with Scotch tape covering her naughty bits. 


Candy ropes and breath mints?  Or corn husks?


(Well, I don't know about any of that, but I did pass.  :))

1 comment: