Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

SERIOUSLY, universe?

AHEM.

Don't keep reading if you don't want to be depressed.

Really.

Not an exaggeration.

If it helps make your decision, I'll warn you that it's depressing AND about animals.  Double whammy.




(Here's where you could be turning back.)









Many of you know that I have been puppy hunting for the last month.

What you don't know is that there have been additional updates I have kept to myself, because they depress me.  Interactions with crazy people and depressingly devoted people, mostly.  Seeing a rescue organization with 150+ dogs in ONE HOUSE because no one will adopt them.  Dogs that have been abused.  Puppies with serious illnesses that I cannot handle.  (Yes, I wanted a puppy that needed a doggie wheelchair, but that's a problem I could fix.  BUY THE WHEELCHAIR.  The second "hair loss" became a potential issue, I was done.  What can I say, I like my hair.)

I don't know what it is.  I've really begun to think that the universe is telling me something, and that something is DO NOT GET A DOG RIGHT NOW.  Well, the universe and my dad.

But today really took the cake.

Dear rescue people: Do not email me and inform me that the puppy you refused to give me had to be euthanized for health reasons.  I know you're sad, but now I'm sad too, and I like me way more than I like you.  We have had no interactions in the last month, at which point you deemed me not competent to care for a small animal.  Go cry to your friends, family, other rescue people.  Do not cry to me.  It's a sweet idea that "God wanted to adopt that puppy," but really, not a thought I want to deal with.

For now, Project Puppy 2010 is officially on hold.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I understand Rescues being diligent in finding good homes for puppies, but my god people - get a clue - turning you down and then emailing you to tell you the puppy had been euthanized? What are there? A bunch of sadists running that organization?

    If it is any consolation I "rescued" my doggy from Craigslist - the woman had 4 full grown Chessies and couldn't care for 2 of them since her husband died - she was going to put them in the pound but she gave one to us. I didn't have to jump through hoops - but she did make sure we were a good fit - as you would be for any puppy I am sure.

    Maybe you could look there. [CL isn't all the scary if you stay in the innocuous places :D] Good luck.

    ReplyDelete