Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm that blogging girl now

Disclaimer: I hate me now, too.

I found out this morning that I have to host a dinner party for six wardies Sunday night. (I was supposed to receive this information Wednesday night, but you know how the Mo-Mos work.)  (Or if you don't, let me spell it out for you: We're flaky and rarely on time.)

So within the next 8 hours or so, I have to come up with an idea for dinner so I can email these people and tell them what to bring (if anything). 

I need food suggestions.  (Actually, the email I got suggested I come up with a "theme," but my only thought on that score is "eating," so we've come full circle.)

I also need someone to tell me an acceptable way to let people know that they run the risk of sitting on the floor, since my kitchen table only has 4 chairs. 

Actually, come to think of it, I might let them find out that special treat on the fly ...

3 comments:

  1. Pulled pork sandwiches in the crockpot is easy, cheap and really delicious - then they can bring the cole slaw, potato salad, green salad, beans and dessert. You provide the pork, rolls, bbq sauce and drinks. That way everyone gets off cheap. And easy.

    I really recommend anything in the crockpot because it can be made ahead of time, kept hot, you don't have to fuss over it and you can spend time with your guests.

    If you have to go vegetarian - I like grilled veggies, hummus and dip, a rice salad, fruit, etc. [I am not a vegetarian but have hosted my pals that are - I love grilled veggies. Yum]

    Good luck - and have fun! [And if you don't have a crockpot the pulled pork can be done in the oven too.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could do a Japanese theme- then it's perfectly acceptable for people to be sitting on the floor :)
    Italian is quick easy and relatively inexpensive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends! Good advice, love it :)

    ReplyDelete