Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Why do I blog?

 I was thinking about this question today.

Undoubtedly, I started because of universal acclaim -- wherever I go, people tell me I'm witty, charming, hilarious and wise, and I got sick of everyone asking, "Do you have a blog that I can follow?"  What can I say, I'm a giver.

Really, I started because I missed writing on a regular basis from my days at The Daily Utah Chronicle when I was an undergrad at the Blessed U.  (Yup, still going with that.)  Also, I love complaining.  (Which I did a lot of at the DUC.)  And bitching.  (A distinct artform from complaining.)

But recently, I've come to realize that it's because when I start a morning here at work and think, "What shall I do with my day today?  Shall I start with doc review?  Or organizing discovery files?" all I have to look forward to is (1) the few minutes I spend posting one of these bad boys, (2) the google alerts letting me know one of you all has blogged a blog and (3) the red blinking light on my Blackberry, alerting me that someone has commented, wahoo!

(Not begging for comments, but seriously, you have no idea how much I love that red light.  It really doesn't even matter what email prompted it.  I COULD EARN 5,000 MORE DELTA MILES?!?!?!?!?!  THANKS, DELTA!)

What? 

You didn't know it was all about self-gratification?

Silly reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment