Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

I didn't think that through ...

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins comes out tomorrow.  FYI, the first two books in this trilogy (The Hunger Games and Catching Fire) were the bomb.com, so I seriously expect good things from this one.

I ordered it on Amazon a month ago to ensure that my copy will be delivered straight to my door, thereby facilitating my laziness, one of my more significant character traits.

But I didn't think about another trait of mine -- the desire for instant gratification -- and the fact that ordering a new anything online guarantees that it will arrive two days after the actual release date.  So now I'm trying to decide whether expending the effort of going to a bookstore tomorrow will be worth being able to read my new book immediately.

Impatience versus laziness.

An eternal struggle.

2 comments:

  1. If it helps, mine was just delivered, so maybe laziness can win after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having that same struggle!

    ReplyDelete