Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The head, the tail, the whole damn thing

Whenever I watch Jaws,* I get a little teary-eyed (shocking, right?) when the boy on the yellow floatie dies.  Oddly enough, this is a fairly recent phenomenon, as the first time I saw Jaws I must have been 7 years old, and I don't remember being particularly troubled.  (Aside from the nightmares, natch.)

At some point during my adulthood, I realized that the little boy's mother reminds me of my mother.

Extra creepy.





* In case you were wondering, I'm watching Jaws in honor of my current study schedule: Professional Responsibility (ie, lawyer ethics).

1 comment:

  1. This is my daughter's all time favorite movie [what can I say? I have a weird 12 year old] but do you know I have never seen the whole thing from start to finish. It always scared the bejeebies out of me.

    Now I will have to watch it to see what you mean about "your" Mom.

    Good luck with the studying. ~SkippyMom~

    ReplyDelete