Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

It's not just the sex. It's also the food preparation.*

Sometimes I think that the worst part of being single is not having an automatic personal assistant.

Whenever I need to make a doctor's appointment, talk to an insurance company, pay my phone bill, I think to myself, Ugh, if only I could outsource this.  

I'm not saying you should treat your spouse like a servant, but there is definitely something to that whole economies of scale thing.  Sure, I want love and companionship, but I also want someone who will unload the dishwasher.

Anyway, my friend Diego visited for the weekend.  I had to go in to work at one point, and when I got back, he had assembled my new hammock, tidied up my living room and was hemming a pair of my work pants.

I know who I'm fake marrying if it ever comes to that.


* Guess the quote for an imaginary bonus point.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment