Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What a difference a letter makes

I had some trouble at work yesterday.  Of course I told my pops about it, much in the way I did when I was seven, and the sixth graders wouldn't let me and my friends play on the Big Toy.  (Did your elementary school call its jungle gyms the Big Toy and Little Toy too?)

So he called today to see how I was doing.  I was pretty irritated yesterday (due partly to the fact that I've also been feeling under the weather) and apparently my rage-filled descriptions of X Event and Y Event were pretty over the top, because he teasingly asked me, "So did you put an IUD outside that guy's office this morning?"

I don't know what is more awesome -- the fact that my dad mixed up IUDs and IEDs, or the fact that he thinks I should roadside bomb someone I work with.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome.

    And yes! We definitely had a big toy and a little toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we had a Big Toy and a Little Toy. Such creative names!

    I was confused about your dad's question until your last sentence (me: "what would be the point of putting an IUD outside someone's office...?") Haha.

    ReplyDelete