Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oldies

I went to see Up In The Air with my friend Amy last night.  We were sitting in front of two elderly people, at least one of whom had left her hearing aid at home, and apparently had no idea how loudly she was talking in a darkened theater (or at least didn't care).

Up In The Air is awesome, by the way, but if you can manage it, try to find a theater with audience commentary.

When Ryan (George Clooney) receives some particularly devastating news: OH, AIN'T THAT A KICK IN THE TEETH?

When Natalie (Anna Kendrick) makes an important life decision: GOOD FOR YOU, SWEETIE!

When Alex (Vera Farmiga) and Ryan are exchanging some naughty text messages -- WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? -- followed by Alex writing something like, "Have sweet dreams," and then  -- OH GOODNESS, THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT SEX!

2 comments:

  1. The last one cracked me up. We rented it from Redbox [Netflix] for a buck.

    I thought it was okay. Perhaps I needed the commentary? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahah! I love those sorts of old people.

    When I taught Sunday School there was an old man who would always shout things about me like two feet away, e.g., asking his neighbor, "IS SHE PREGNANT?? I THINK SHE'S PREGNANT! WHAT THE HELL IS SHE THINKING???"

    ReplyDelete