Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

If I ever get out of here, I'm having my eyes lasered.

I am, by nature, sort of messy.

But since moving to Austin, I have kept my apartment relatively tidy and my car basically spotless.  Huzzah!

Until this week, anyway, which has been the week of anger and sleepiness.  (I think it had to do with the birthday.  I always have lousy birthdays.)  And when I'm angry or sleepy, the last thing I want to do is be responsible.  I'm like an overgrown three year old that way.

So my apartment is still mostly clean, but I haven't taken the trash out in days (and remember, all I have to do is walk the bags outside) and there is mail EVERYWHERE.

How is it possible that in a paperless world, I still have bank stubs and billing statements all over my floor?  

Angry-sleepy noises.






(How does this title relate to this post?  It's about mail ... You've Got Mail ... best scene in that whole movie is clearly when Tom Hanks is stuck in the elevator.)

(PS, is anyone else extremely bothered by Meg Ryan's elocution in that movie?  When she tells Tom, "I wanted it to be you, so badly" at the end, I want to throw things at the screen and yell, "That may be grammatically correct, but that doesn't mean anyone would say it that way!")

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of a slob by nature. And by kind of, I mean extremely. Luckily, I've changed a little bit. My apartment is SPOTLESS right now. It's a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog layout. Easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete