Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

The last Diet Coke of the season

I know, I know.

Mormon girls the world over periodically claim that they're giving up Diet Coke.

I have probably been guilty of setting that absurd goal myself a time or two.

But this time I really am -- at least for twoish months.

See, the half-marathon training isn't going very well.

And this last week I have been constantly tired.

I've thought about it, and the only conclusion I can come to is that I need to change my diet.  Eat less, and ... sigh ... consume less carbonation and caffeine.

Because really, I thought about it, and since I've started work, I've averaged 72 ounces of Diet Coke a day.

Three 20 ounce bottles spread through the work day.  One to get me through the morning, one to go with my lunch, one to get me through the afternoon.  And then I usually down a can of Diet Coke/Diet Coke Cherry/or Tab to accompany dinner.  Sometimes two.

So I am giving it up, at least until April 17.

At which point I am going to demand an IV of the stuff to shoot directly into my veins.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think soda addictions are as nefarious as others [cigs/alcohol] they are so yummy, easy and cheap.

    I switch years ago to unsweet iced tea [seems the older I get the less sugar my body wants]but I have a problem with caffeine late in the day - and voila' I discovered green tea [really isn't green]and I drink that - omg it is so good and no caffeine - supposedly has health benifits too! And it has a kicky lemony, sweet taste without sugar.

    I don't know if that helps - but they are two alternatives and also try to drink a lot of water. Go luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to stop drinking caffeine. But then I had even LESS energy. So I'm back to drinking it again.

    ReplyDelete