Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I know

There's a bulletin board at my church for the primary leaders to display scriptures, photos, pictures, and other scrapbook adorability for the kids in the other ward.  Currently, the theme is "I KNOW."  There's a picture of each kid with the words "I know" above his or her head, and below there is a quick sentence the kid wrote, bearing his or her testimony.

I might cynically put "quick sentence the kid SUPPOSEDLY wrote," because anyone who has visited a Mormon family ward has seen the phenomenon of kids bearing "their" testimonies.

But in this case, I'm fairly certain the kids did come up with their sentences.  How do I know this?

Well, because amidst all the "Jesus loves me" and "My family can be together forever" and "Heavenly Father is happy when I keep the commandments" there were these two gems:

From the budding little scientist:


And from the kid who is probably exactly like the daughter I'll have someday:

                                       

Yeah you do, sweetie.  Yeah, you do.

5 comments: