Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weakling

So the half marathon training is ... I think even just writing "going" might be too strong.  "Occurring," I guess, has the right amount of passivity?  Yesterday was a break day, and I'm scheduled for four miles today, but I "hiked" a famous mountain in "Austin" today ("hiked" in that I stopped at the base of the first peak of the easy side -- hey, I'm afraid of heights, okay?) and I am thrashed.

Speaking of my total inability to be a badass, I read a book last night called The Forest of Hands and Teeth.  (Thanks, Mormon Child Bride.)  I just want it noted for the record that I think I could totally survive a zombie outbreak, but probably not an apocalypse.  Zombie apocalypse?  Yikes.

In case you're wondering, The Forest of Hands and Teeth was great.  Yes, I had some issues with plot developments that I don't think made a ton of sense, but in general I don't let stuff like that bother me if the story and writing is good enough.  Highly recommended, friends.

3 comments:

  1. I read a book for the first time in a loooong time lat night. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you liked it. i love me some zombies, and while i also noted some major plot-line issues, i just think her writing style is so eerily poetic...

    wellshoot, you already know how i feel about the book. glad you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete