Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

No food for you

I went to my new ward today.  The people seem very friendly.

Except when announcing tomorrow's family home activity potluck.  Apparently people who bring food to share will have their hands stamped, and only those with stamps will be able to partake.

Um ... I think I'll just stay home and watch The Bachelor, haha.

Let's be honest - it's what I would have really wanted to do anyway.  :)




As a caveat: It's not that I don't like pulling my own weight.  It's just that I don't want to go buy rice (my last name's assignment) and boil it (or whatever you do to rice without a rice cooker) after work and run back over to church.  Way, way too lazy for that.  Had I been assigned celery sticks or shredded cheese or something, I would have considered it.

2 comments:

  1. That's an impressive rule. Someone, somewhere, has a lot of rage that they are taking out in lame ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Had it not been my first day at a new ward, I think I could have at least respected the awesome passive-aggressiveness of the stamp system. But as it was, I was kinda like, "I'll pass."

    ReplyDelete