Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Half-marathon update

OK, it's confession time.

While the first three days of half-marathon training went well (if getting shamefully tired after the second mile can be termed "well"), I must admit I've been off the program for the last five days.  It seemed like every day there was a new thing to assemble -- table set, bed, desk -- and by the time I was finished, I was already thrashed.  But yesterday friendster Nelson called and asked how the training was going, and I had to ruefully admit that it wasn't going anymore, and my excuses actually weren't very good.

This morning I had every intention of getting up early and putting in the three miles before church.  Well, goal was probably a bit misguided to begin with, so we'll see how after church goes.

Sorry blog community, I know I've let you down.*

11 Weeks, 6 Days to Marathon





* I know I haven't let anyone down but me, but it's easier for me to motivate myself when I believe other people have a stake in things.  Self-delusion: it's the new Wheaties.

No comments:

Post a Comment