Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

FHE: Encouraging Awkwardness Since 1963. Part One.

Today as I was walking out of the grocery store, a cute boy smiled at me and said, "How's it going?"

I smiled back and said, "Fine.  How are you?" in that sort of not-really-asking-but-maybe-I'm-asking sort of way.

I thought he was going to say something, but then I noticed him glancing at my chest (PS - fellas, girls can always tell when you do this, no matter how sneaky you think you are) and then ... he got a strange look on his face.

Not to brag, or to elaborate in any way, but I'm used to guys having a positive reaction to my ta-tas.  I glanced down, trying to figure out what had gone awry.  As soon as I did, I figured it out.

You know that scene in Inglourious Basterds where the Germans are playing the name-on-your-forehead game?


So tonight at Family Home Evening, we played an incredibly lame version of that game.  When you guessed what sticker was on your back, you got to transfer it to your chest and get a new sticker.   Most stickers figured out wins.

I had forgotten my stickers and gone grocery shopping with TEMPTATION and CRUCIFIXION written on my right boob.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! That is SO rich! Maybe those are little warning stickers for men to keep their filthy mits off your bossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temptation?! I don't think it could possibly be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A certain man I knew would ALWAYS stare at my boobs. I finally starting saying, "HELLO! I KNOW YOU'RE STARING AT MY BOOBS!" He'd just say, "Well, they're just out there!"
    Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be honest, I sympathize a little with boob-starers. I had a class with a guy who had at least B-cups and obviously didn't restrain them with a bra. I would catch myself just staring at them whenever he would comment in class. It was hypnotic.

    ReplyDelete