Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Anyone sick of me talking about The Bachelor yet? Anyone?

Can I just say that I don't want to marry my best friend?

It's a cute thought -- I want to marry my best friend, squeeeee! -- but is anyone else puzzled by a grown man (Pilot Jake is 31) telling someone he wants to marry his best friend?

Dude -- why don't you already have a best friend?  And if you do, how does he/she feel about being replaced by your spouse?

Don't get me wrong, I hope I marry someone I want to see every day, someone I can always carry a conversation with, someone who gets my jokes, etc. and so forth.  I heard someone once describe marriage as "true and faithful friendship," which I think is a very nice thought.  (Of course, we all mentally added "hot, true and faithful friendship," right?  Right, glad to know we're on the same page.)  

But my best friend?  Please.  The position is already filled, by several peeps.   You get the husband title, be happy with that.

Rant over.

And now for your Bachelor quote of the week:

People hate me because I'm real and I tell it how it is.

So awesome.  That's my new life mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment