Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rules are rules, kids

I usually try to be a considerate driver - move into another lane so people can get onto the freeway faster, stop so people can get out of a parking lot, get out of a lane if there's someone behind me driving faster, etc. I have only ever flipped off two people, and they really, really deserved it. And I always, always, always let people in when they're trying to get over.

The one exception to this rule is when construction results in lane closures, and people drive up the soon-to-be-closed lane in an effort to get in front of everyone who merged like a rational driver a half mile earlier. I would rather drive six inches behind the bumper of the person in front of me than let that happen.

Sorry - that's just the way things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment