Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Slipped away? She didn't just slip away!!



When I study, I like to take movie breaks. Last night I watched Misery with James Caan and Kathy Bates. I loved that book, but I've never seen the movie.

When I got to the part where Annie (Kathy Bates) talks about life after her divorce -- "I thought I might go crazy ... night shifts can be lonely at a hospital ... that was when I first discovered Misery. She made me so happy. She made me forget all of my problems. I just kept reading them over and over." -- I couldn't help but think about the Twilight books.

And wonder if Stephenie Meyer has ever read or seen Misery.

And -- given that what happened to poor Paul Sheldon (James Caan) *cough cough foot amputation cough* -- wonder if that was why she was never willing to up the ante on her storylines and kill any of her characters.

Despite, you know, having them constantly battling armies of vampires.

Because I'd be scared of her fans, if I were her.

No comments:

Post a Comment