Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Bar update

In case you (my many, many readers) haven't figured out by now, bar studying has me pretty miserable.  That doesn't mean, however, I'm not counting my blessings.

First - Judge Benson reaaaaaaally taught me Evidence.  I am slaughtering MBE questions on that subject.

Second - I am super grateful that I took Secured Transactions 2L year.  At the time, it was boring and I got a bad grade (justifying Professor Burns' belief that I was stupid.  Prof. Burns believed in the Socratic method, calling on students at random.  Whenever she called on me, she let me ask my neighbors - "MS. ZOLLINGER" or "MS. WILSON" for help.  On the last day of class, she let "MS.  WILSON, MS. FROST and MS. ZOLLINGER" work together to answer a yes-or-no question.  And no, she never let anyone else in the class work as a team.)  That being said, I can't imagine trying to sort out security interests, attachment, perfection, inventory, financial statements, purchase money security interests, etc. based solely on a 3 hour Barbri crash course.  Thank you, Prof. Burns.  If I get a Secured Transactions essay question, I will be - in your words - happy as a pig in shit.  

4 comments:

  1. I KNEW I should have taken that class. I too, cannot imagine trying to sort out security interests, attachment, perfection, inventory, financial statements, purchase money security interests, etc. on my own.

    You just made me make pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, can I have some pudding? I'll help you with Secured Transactions ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you want the kind of pudding I made after reading that post... ;)

    But, I could trade REAL pudding for knowledge one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ok - I guess I just assumed real pudding from the beginning. Hee hee.

    We should have a study day up at the U law library next week. You bring pudding, and we'll knock out Sec. Trans. in one day. Woot!

    ReplyDelete